Here’s what the PTA has to offer this month!
As always, take note of things are happening at the High School
THANK YOU! 12th Grade Party/Skit Night Committee!
Thank you, Dorie Mehling, Jeannine Votruba and Chrissy Crowley
for chairing and organizing an amazing Skit Night for the Class of 2020!
Thank you also to the entire committee that helped make this night a success:
Suzanne Blair, Tricia Paskewitz, Nancy Kephart, Kerri McElroy, Maria Ingrassia, Lori McDonald, Sheila Connolly, Julie O’Neil, Karen Carney, Dana Caporicci, Kristen Cappello, Lynnette McKenna, Lisa Colletti, Ande Giarraputo, Tara Borzelleri, Trudy Ottomanelli, Maria Arianas
And thanks to the many parents/guardians that were able to participate!
Joint Middle School and High School PTA Meeting: Monday, March 16th @ 7:30pm
Middle School & High School students and parents are invited to join us for our featured presentation: Top Ten Mistakes Students Make on their College Application Essay, presented by Randy Levin
· Updates: PTA, High School, Middle School (7:30pm)
· Presentation: (8pm – 9pm)
· Draft minutes/notes from the January HS PTA Meeting have been posted. If you were not able to attend the meeting, this is a great way to get information that was discussed. Please review the minutes/notes so we can vote for approval at the March meeting.
PTA Executive Committee: Open Positions
· The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for the PTA Executive Committee (2020-2021 school year).
· Click here for more info and to nominate yourself or someone you know. All nominations are confidential.
· The following positions are open: President Elect, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Curriculum, Vice President of Legislation, Middle School Director and Homestead Director
High School Spring Theatre Production: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
· March 5 – 4:00 PM Dress Rehearsal
· March 6 and 7 – 7:00PM
· Important Senior Yearbook Dates
· March 20 – Late deadline for High School Yearbook: www.yearbookforever.com by 11:59PM
· Annual Dinner Dance for the Class of 2020 sponsored by TMA Booster Club of GCHS
· June 19 - Annual Father-Daughter Dinner Dance, 6:30pm – 10pm
· June 20 - Annual Mother-Son Dinner Dance, 6:30pm – 10pm
· Check the HS PTA website for important dates: Yearbook, Skit Night, Prom/Graduation Meeting and more!
Board of Education meetings
· March 10 - Board of Education Budget/Work Session @ 8:15pm
o Instructional Components, Part I and Update of demographic study
· March 24 - Board of Education Budget/Regular Meeting @ 8:15pm
o Instructional Components, Part II
Garden City High School PTA Director
March 26: PTA Annual Dinner at the Garden City Hotel
Purchase tickets here
Contact email@example.com to volunteer or donate raffle prizes.
Dinner honorees: Ronda D’Antonio, Dr. Catherine Knight and Pete Esposito
March 31: High School Guidance & PTA Annual College Major Night at 7:00pm
Parents and students (grades 6-12) are invited to attend. Watch for more information!
April 25: GCTA 11th Annual “GC Race for a Cure”
Click here for information and to register.
April 27: PTA Health & Safety Speaker Presentation – “What Made Maddy Run” presented by Carli Bushoven
See upcoming PTA dates
in your schools.
Find out more about the programs taking place in your school.