April School Report
I can’t believe April is here. Thank you to everyone who helped make this year's PTA dinner a huge success. We have had so many great successes this school year, with only more great things to come!
The PTA meeting originally scheduled for April 5, will now be MONDAY, April 3. The meeting will take place at Hemlock at 9:30 am, hope to see you all there.
If you have not done so, don’t miss out! Please visit http://gardencitypta.org/fundraisers/school_supplies to order your supplies! Last day to order is Friday, April 21st.
Not traveling for Spring Break and looking for something to do? Locust School is looking for adult volunteers to help with the “Painting of the Blacktop.” The PTA has granted the supplies to stencil a map of the United States on the playground blacktop. Anyone interested in volunteering or finding out more about this project, please email email@example.com.
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Monday, May 22 Locust will be holding their annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon. We are looking for all kinds of volunteers. We will need a staff of people to set up, clean up and serve. If you can’t volunteer your time, please be on the lookout for our SignUpGenius. This will allow you to donate to this wonderful event.
Important Upcoming Dates in April
- Monday 4/3- PTA Meeting, Hemlock 9:30 am
- Monday 4/3 - First Grade trip to Theodore Roosevelt Bird Sanctuary- Joyce, Maro & Wills
- Tuesday 4/4 - Spring Craft Day
- Wednesday 4/5- First Grade PTA Trip to Kupferberg Center for the Arts. The first grade will be seeing a performance called Earthbeats.
- Monday 4/10 thru Friday 4/14- School closed for Spring Recess
- Monday 4/17- Schools re-open
- Thursday 4/20- Board of Education Meeting 8:15 pm
- Friday 4/21- Last day to order School Supplies
- Thursday 4/27- First Grade trip to Theodore Roosevelt Bird Sanctuary- Dallek & Hayes
As always, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Director Locust School