Since 1945, the Garden City Parent Teacher Association has been dedicated to serving children and families in our community.
Today's Garden City PTA is a network of 3,000 parents, teachers, administrators and community members devoted to the educational, social and emotional success of children. Our commitment to creating a collaborative environment where families and the school community can work together has and will continue to foster positive change in our schools and within our community. Together we are a powerful voice for all our children, a relevant resource for our families and a strong advocate for public education.
Through our annual membership drive and fundraising efforts, we can provide cultural programs, speaker engagements, health and safety programs, monetary awards to high school seniors and so much more. Many of our events and programs have become longstanding traditions in our schools and for our students. Our grants have enhanced the educational experience for students in each of our seven schools. Our members can be found volunteering their time and talents in our schools and throughout our community.
The Top 10 Reasons to Join the Garden City PTA!
- Benefit your child and their school. The number one reason to join PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Direct communications & meetings are designed to keep you connected and more informed on what is happening in your child’s school and PTA. Your membership will also entitle you to our monthly PTA e-newsletters and e-reminders.
- Discover Great Resources. The Garden City PTA offers a variety of programs designed to educate and support families and children in education and community.
- Tap into a Network. Garden City PTA meetings and functions are opportunities to meet teachers and other parents, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can also share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community. Only PTA members can volunteer for PTA committees.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive change. The Garden City PTA plays an important role in shared based decision making. Our committees are designed to identify issues and work collaboratively with school and community members to foster positive change.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Make a difference! Learn what your support provides to children and families in our community. See our list of accomplishments to the left. Together we can achieve great things!
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Members can take advantage of a host of Garden City PTA benefits and offers through National PTA's Member Benefits Provider Program.
Thank you to all who support the Garden City PTA!